Wednesday 12 April 2017

I LIKE COLOUR NOW



Outfit details

Culottes, Primark 
Iron maiden tee, Charity shop
Choker, Zara
Boots, New look
Jacket, Missguided

No I'm not a die hard Iron Maiden fan, pls don't hate me. Actually no, if you are a band tee snob, jump off that high horse and hang with the rest of us who 'just think it looks cool'. Okay, I mean I know who they are, and I didn't let an overpriced high street store charge me an extortionate price for this (holla at my local charity shop for coming though) but my point still stands. Fashion is about wearing what makes you feel good, you do you boo.

For a really long time now, I've felt like the clothes I've been putting on have been wearing me, rather than the other way around. I put myself into a box, and then couldn't get out. Don't get me wrong, I love to pull on a pair of skinny black jeans and a black crop top, but after a while it starts to make me feel, I don't know, sad. Over the last six months, while i've been trying my hardest to help myself with my mental health, i've realised colour is something I need in my life. So heads up, if bright colours aren't for you, i'd click off of this right now, ya girl has CHANGED.

Hence why this missguided jacket pretty much changed my life, because every time I wear it, I feel good. Maybe a little dramatic, but you get the gist. I like orange, I like bright blue, I do still like black, but for right now, give me sparkles and shiny things and colour. It's pretty much a love story. Fuck you Romeo and Juliet, Leah and her turquoise jacket are here to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

keep the sweet comments comingxo